Fractional Block 3 is located directly north of Block 5 and is bordered by First St. on the south, LaGrange St. on the east and Main St. on the west.  On the north is the boundary of the original town tract.

Lot 5 on Fractional Block 3 was deeded to Peter McDermott by Collatinus Ballard on April 5, 1852. The lot fronts on Front and LaGrange Streets.  In the description, it is noted that this lot is adjoining the one on which my (Ballard’s) dwelling is located.

*Lavaca County Deed B/106

*Free State of Lavaca p. 162



References:
Lavaca County Deed A/480 & 481
Lavaca County Deed B/106
Free State of Lavaca p 162

1851 - June 1852

Fractional Block 3 is located directly north of Block 5 and is bordered by First St. on the south, LaGrange St. on the east and Main St. on the west.  On the north is the boundary of the original town tract.

1846 - 1850

JULY - DECEMBER 1852

Fractional Block 3 Lot 5: Peter McDermott

Collatinus Ballard Residence (Fractional Block 3)


Peter McDermott Residence (Fractional Block 3 Lot 4 & 5)

Fractional Block 3

705 East 4th St.

Hallettsville, TX  77964

361-798-3243, ext. 200

w0rth1ng1959@gmail.com

Fractional Block 3

Collatinus Ballard Residence (Fractional Block 3)


Peter McDermott Residence (Fractional Block 3 Lot 4) 

Peter McDermott and his family located in the Hallet Settlement prior to 1850 and established their double log house a block north of Ballard’s store and adjacent to the tract where McDermott built a horse powered gin. 

On January 3, 1850, Collatinus Ballard sold McDermott two acres and 355 square varas as well as 4000 square varas in two separate deeds for $1.00 and in consideration of improvements, including a cotton gin having been built and put into operation.  The property was located on the north part of Fractional Block 3. 



Peter McDermott
1850 Census Merchant
Died 28 January 1853

References:
*Lavaca County Deed A/480 
*Lavaca County Deed A/481
*Hallettsville Herald Oct. 17, 1907
*Free State p. 162

Fractional Block 3 is located directly north of Block 5 and is bordered by First St. on the south, LaGrange St. on the east and Main St. on the west.  On the north is the boundary of the original town tract.

Fractional Block 3