Block 7 is located south of the Courthouse square and is bordered by Third St. on the north, Fourth St. on the south, LaGrange St. on the east and Main St. on the west.  The block is comprised of eight lots each lot being 80 varas X 80 varas. 

Block 7 is located south of the Courthouse square and is bordered by Third St. on the north, Fourth St. on the south, LaGrange St. on the east and Main St. on the west.  The block is comprised of eight lots each lot being 80 varas X 80 varas. 

BLOCK 7

No documented building and/or businesses on this block during this time period.

1846 - 1850

BLOCK 7

Block 7 is located south of the Courthouse square and is bordered by Third St. on the north, Fourth St. on the south, LaGrange St. on the east and Main St. on the west.  The block is comprised of eight lots each lot being 80 varas X 80 varas. 

705 East 4th St.

Hallettsville, TX  77964

361-798-3243, ext. 200

w0rth1ng1959@gmail.com

John R. Whited Residence (Block 7 Lot 5 & 7)


On December 27, 1851, Collatinus and Mary Jane Ballard sold Lot 5 & 7 in Block 7 to John R. & Eliza Whited fronting on Main Street.  Each lot is 20 varas across and 40 varas in depth. 

Reference:
*Lavaca County Deed B/58

1851 - JUNE 1852

JULY-DECEMBER 1852

BLOCK 7