Block 3 is located southwest of the Courthouse square and is bordered by Third St. on the north, Fourth St. on the south, Main St. on the east and Front St. on the west.  The block is comprised of eight lots each

80 varas X 80 varas.

Block 3 is located southwest of the Courthouse square and is bordered by Third St. on the north, Fourth St. on the south, Main St. on the east and Front St. on the west.  The block is comprised of eight lots each

80 varas X 80 varas.

1851 - JUNE 1852

No documented building and/or businesses on this block during this time period.

William Smothers Store (Block 3 Lot 1) (Block 3 Lot 3)

William Smothers purchased Lots 1 & 3 in Block 3 from Collatinus and Mary Jane Ballard in 1851.  The lots fronting 20 varas on Front St and running back 41 varas in depth.

References:
*Lavaca County Deed B/44

Block 3 is located southwest of the Courthouse square and is bordered by Third St. on the north, Fourth St. on the south, Main St. on the east and Front St. on the west.  The block is comprised of eight lots each

80 varas X 80 varas.

​​BLOCK 3

JULY-DECEMBER 1852

​​BLOCK 3

1846 - 1850

705 East 4th St.

Hallettsville, TX  77964

361-798-3243, ext. 200

w0rth1ng1959@gmail.com

​​BLOCK 3

A.W. Hicks Hotel & Tavern (Block 3 Lot 1 – 8)

Block 3 and the street between Block 2 and 3 were reserved for A.W. Hicks per the deed of Margaret P. Hallet and Collatinus and Mary Jane Ballard to John H. Livergood, County Judge of Lavaca County dated 21st June 1852.

William Smothers (Block 3 Lot 1 and 3)

*Note: While the B/207 deed states that the entire eight lots in Block 3 were reserved for Hicks, William Smothers had previous purchased Lots 1 & 3 in Block 3 in 1851 via deed B/44.


References:
*Lavaca County Deed B/207